Friday, August 2, 2013

Cronut Quest

Am I nuts?  Or shall I say, am I "Cronuts?!"

Right now I am in New York and I decided it was time I hopped on the cronut craze bandwagon.  Today I will embark on a cronut quest through the streets of SoHo to see if I can get my hands on one of these coveted breakfast treats.  I will be live blogging, tweeting and instagramming all along the way if you want to follow along for the adventure!  #CronutQuest

Stay tuned for updates throughout the morning!

(Cronut image from the Dominique Ansel Bakery website)

Keep reading…

If you haven't heard, a "Cronut" is a croissant-doughnut hybrid created by the Dominique Ansel Bakery that has taken the food world by storm.  Each Cronut is rolled in sugar, filled with cream and topped with a glaze.  They are made fresh daily in the bakery and the entire process takes up to 3 days.

In order to get your hands on a coveted Cronut, you need to get to the bakery early.  Very early.  Apparently the lines start outside 2 hours prior to opening at 8 am.  According to the website, if you arrive prior to 6:45am on a week day, you have a great chance of getting a Cronut.

So, this is it.  My alarm is set and I am ready for my #CronutQuest  Follow along throughout the morning to see how it all turns out!



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/08/02/cronut-quest/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...