Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Cranberry Smoothie

Cranberry Smoothie Photo

You guys.

Today I am saving your life.

WELL, really, I am just cutting back your time in the kitchen on Thanksgiving a weee bit.

But, let's be honest, with the amount of time I know you're already going to spend in there that is basically the same thing.

I don't know about you, but I like to save ALL the room for my big dinner. This girl loves her Turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing AND pumpkin treats.

Go big or go home right? Right.

Cranberry Smoothie Picture

How-ev-er, I also don't want to be so hardcore in the "SAVING ALL THE ROOM" department that I have to be all sorts of hungry throughout the day.

Because that kind of "hungry" really should read as "hangry."  Don't look at me like you don't know what I am talking about.  I'm sure you've gotten a major case of the grumpies when your stomach has a case of the grumblies, a few times in your life.

That is where a smoothie that is CHOCK FULL of protein, to keep you' belly feeling happy up until IT'S TIME, comes in.

I love smoothies to pre-game big meals for so many reasons.  Mostly because they keep the hangry away, without filling me up too much.  I fully believe that smoothies just kind of fill in the stomach-u-lar cracks until it's ready for the "real food" to come out and play.

Don't Wikipedia that though. I could have made it up.

PLUS, they also come together in about .00056 seconds. Which is where the whole "get out of the kitchen and relax before cray cray Uncle Joe comes over."

You get it.

BUT WAIT, there's MORE!  If you order this smoothie in the next 5 minutes…I'm kidding. BUT, there is more.

Cranberry Smoothie Image

The flavours of this frosty, thick delight?  They scream Thanksgiving Dinner.  You know, in a drinkable form.

Not only is it gonna keep that tummy happy, it's gonna get it PUMPED UP for what lies ahead. AND keep you out of the kitchen.
TRIPLE THREAT. WHAT WHAT.

So, do I foresee a relaxing morning, sipping on a smoothie and not worrying about what to say to Uncle Joe on your Thanksgiving?

Methinks yes.

P.S. Want to know more about that shiny, gorgeous blender you see in the photos? Don't miss my Nutri Ninja Blender Duo with Auto IQ review!

Ingredients

  • 1/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1/2 cup frozen cranberries
  • 1 cup vanilla greek yogurt
  • 1 tablespoon almond butter
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
  • 1 teaspoon cinnamon
  • 1/4 teaspoon allspice
  • 2 tablespoons honey
  • 1 cup ice cubes

Directions

  1. Place all ingredients into the blender and blend on the Nutri Ninja Auto IQ Blend Setting for "Frozen Drinks And Smoothies"
  2. DEVOUR.

Recommended Equipment



via Food Fanatic http://ift.tt/1uDquYI

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Turn off or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...