Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Spinach Fruit Salad

Spinach Fruit Salad Photo

I love a good salad, especially for lunch so I don't feel like sleeping when I go back to work. Salads are also a good option if you are very busy and don't have much time to prepare your lunch. It is so easy to make that you can bring the ingredients to work and assessable it there. How easy and simple is that?

Spinach Fruit Salad Picture

So, today I brought you a solid base of leafy greens salad, packed with some of my favorite fruits. This time I used blueberries, strawberries, and pineapple just because I love adding fruits to my salads. But you can add more fruits for a different taste, or omit, as you prefer. (Julia has a great spinach stone fruit salad that's high on my list to try.) It is really up to you. Either way, you'll have a delicious salad to fill your body full of nutrients!

I also topped my green fruit salad with walnuts because I like a crunchy texture such as walnuts, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, croutons and so on. As you wish you could add any other nuts you have on hand. It is really your choice.

Spinach Fruit Salad Image

For the dressing, I made an easy and quick dressing because homemade salad dressings are so much healthier and tastier than the store-bought ones. Also, when you make your own salad dressing you can avoid the high sodium and preservatives that come in the bottled ones. This is a beautiful and healthy meal made in no time.

This is a super easy salad that takes less than 10 minutes to make. Serve as a side salad for two or alternatively, add grilled chicken strips, salmon, grilled steak, tofu to make this salad a main dish. I really hope you enjoy this salad as much as I did. 

Ingredients

  • 3 cups fresh spinach
  • 1/2 cup blueberries
  • 1/2 cup strawberries, cut in half
  • 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
  • 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
  • red onion, sliced, add as much or as little as you like
For the Dressing:
  • 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 tablespoon lemon juice
  • salt and pepper, to taste

Directions

  1. In a medium bowl add the fresh spinach, blueberries, strawberries, pineapple, walnuts and red onions.
  2. Toss everything together.
  3. In a small jar, stir the salad dressing ingredients (olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper).
  4. Gently toss the salad ingredients with the dressing.
  5. Enjoy!

Recommended Equipment



via Food Fanatic http://ift.tt/1BVpFO7

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

Delete or edit this Recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...