Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Pan-Seared Apple Chicken

 
 
Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Photo

The air is starting to finally cool here in Oklahoma and my favorite season is near. I live for fall; I love the clothes, colors, food, and weather. I also love all the fall festivals and events in the fall.

I wish I could live somewhere that fall just happened year-round, I could totally get used to that. One thing that I love about fall is all the delicious autumn flavors that can be used for cooking.

This past week, I made delicious pan-seared apple chicken tenders. I've found that my kids will gladly eat chicken tenders over other cuts of chicken. On top of that, I recently picked up several freshly picked apples from a local orchard. I decided to mix some of those apples with a few other ingredients to make these tasty chicken tenders.

Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Picture

I was able to make this quickly in a cast-iron skillet. The great thing about chicken tenders is they don't take too long to cook either. This means they are perfect for busy nights after school too.

Once our chicken tenders were finished, I paired them with a light salad; however, they also taste great paired with sweet potatoes casserole too.

Then, it was love at first bite. All those fall flavors were bursting from the chicken, making it a great meal for this time of year.

Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Image

Now as fall gets closer, I'll be making more and more comfort foods. In the fall, I feel like I live partially in the kitchen. Something about that cooler air makes me want to bake and cook all day long.

Do you have a favorite fall recipe? Yes, I do love lots of pumpkin. I will soon have my pumpkin chili in the slow cooker again too. My husband has already been asking for that one. It's his personal favorite. I'm torn between that and these chicken tenders.

Sit back and enjoy the crisp air and Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Tenders.

Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Pic

Pan-Seared Apple Chicken Recipe

Ingredients

  • 8 boneless skinless chicken tenders
  • 2 apples, sliced
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons dried rosemary
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • fresh parsley, to garnish

Directions

  1. Warm up one tablespoon Olive Oil in a cast iron skillet on medium-high heat.
  2. Then, place the chicken tenders in the skillet, add the apples on top.
  3. Evenly add the remainder of the olive oil, 1/2 the rosemary, and cinnamon over the chicken and apples.
  4. Let this cook until well done on one side, about 10 minutes.
  5. Rotate the chicken, and then add the remainder of the rosemary and cinnamon.
  6. Let this continue cooking until well done or at least 165°F.
  7. Serve topped with additional parsley, rosemary, cinnamon, and paired with apples.

Recommended



via Food Fanatic http://ift.tt/2f6aZsi
Feed

Food Fanatic

IFTTT
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...