Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Blueberry-Lemon Cucumber Smoothie

Today we continue in the ongoing series of healthy and colorful smoothies!  So far we have…

Red:  Garden Fresh Strawberry Smoothie

Orange:  Peaches and Cream Smoothie

Yellow:  Skinny Pina Colada Smoothie

Green:  Peanut Butter Banana Skinny Green Smoothie

Now we are on to the color Blue… 

As you can imagine, this one was a challenge!  It difficult to think of any blue fruits or vegetables.  (And certainly not any that would taste good together!)  In the end, for the color blue I had to go with the obvious choice – blueberries!  I know, they actually look like more of a purple hue.  Work with me, folks!

Keep reading for the recipe…

Since I knew I was working with blueberries, and for the life of me I couldn't think of a blue vegetable, I decided to choose a vegetable with a color that wouldn't compete with the blueberries.

I love sipping cucumber-lemon water in the summer, so I decided to take this combination and incorporate it into the smoothie.  The result is a refreshing and delicious fruit and vegetable drink that helps incorporate yet another color of the rainbow into your diet!

Blueberry-Lemon Cucumber Smoothie

1 cup blueberries

1 cup cucumber, peeled seeded

1 container blueberry yogurt

1/4 cup lemon juice

1/3 cup ice

Place all ingredients in blender and blend until smooth.



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/06/11/blueberry-lemon-cucumber-smoothie/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...