Friday, July 5, 2013

Denver Omelet Breakfast Sandwich

The recipe I have for you today incorporates everything you love about a Denver Omelet (peppers, ham and cheese) all sandwiched inside a toasted bagel.  But before we get to the recipe, I want to tell you about the Aspen Food and Wine Classic and how this recipe came about!

Keep reading for the rest of the story…

For years I have wanted to attend the annual Food and Wine Classic in Aspen.  Not only is this premier festival of all things food and  wine, it is a weekend filled with celebrity chef cooking demonstrations, informative seminars, exclusive dinners, and, of course parties!

Oh, did I mention the views?!  Half the fun is just standing on a mountainside gazing at the unbelievable beauty of our great nation.

One of the banner sponsors of the event was KitchenAid.  They provided a gorgeous set up of appliances for each of the demonstration kitchens.  Below is a quick snapshot taken just before Mario Batali's "Sicilian Summer Supper" demonstration.  Can you identify two if his friends in the audience?

KitchenAid was also showcasing their new Pro Line Series at the event.  These appliances are all about performance and timeless design.  Not only do they offer precise movement, incredible power, quiet operation and intuitive controls, but the classic design will make a statement on any countertop.

You might even say KitchenAid was the "toast of the town" in Aspen!

As everyone attended the seminars and tastings, cameras were snapping photos and smartphones were tweeting and instrgramming every moment.  Anyone using the hashtag #fwclassic and @KitchenAidUSA was automatically entered to win a Pro Line 2 Slice Toaster.

I am totally addicted to Instagram (Follow me!  http://instagram.com/kristinavanni) so I was snapping photos throughout the weekend.  Then, out of the blue I received word that I was the lucky winner of this incredible toaster!

When it arrived at my home a few days later, I was completely floored.  This was no ordinary toaster, it was the Ferrari of toasters.  In fact, why don't I just show you!  Check out this instagram video of the appliance in action.

http://instagram.com/p/bHJHvVtvqk/

No need for levers, this toaster is all automated.  A simple "Ding" going down, and "Ding" going up when it's done!  Plus, if you walk away for a second and don't pick up your toast in time, it will automatically keep it warm for you.   How thoughtful!

I know technically I was in Aspen, not Denver, but I used the classic peppers, ham and cheese combination of a Denver Omelet as an inspiration for this toasted creation.

Follow this link and take a look at my recipe for a "Denver Omelet Bagel Sandwich!" –>

http://breakfast.betterrecipes.com/denver-omelet-bagel-sandwich.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/07/05/breakfast-sandwich/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...