Thursday, August 1, 2013

Cardamom-Yogurt Mousse with Apricots

yield
Makes six 1/2-cup (120-ml) servings. Gluten-free.

This yogurt mousse is an exercise in nostalgia for me, evocative of two different memories. The first is recent: cold lassi spiked with cardamom, a favorite drink at Indian restaurants. The musky flavor of cardamom just plays well with the tangy, refreshing taste of yogurt. And so does honey, which brings me to my second memory. My mother often served me and my siblings big bowls of plain yogurt with honey swirled in—it was a favorite summer lunch. I remember how the honey laced the yogurt in thick ropes of sweetness. This is a plain yet comforting dish, the two flavors marrying perfectly.

I bring these three tastes together here in this dish, and finish it all off with fresh summer apricots. Top the finished mousse with apricot slices, or get fancy and pipe the chilled, set mousse into apricot halves and garnish with mint.



via Epicurious.com: New Recipes http://feeds.epicurious.com/~r/newrecipes/~3/5sIAV-tkZ9A/51176600




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575434

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...