Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Strawberry Poke Cake

For me there is something so nostalgic about a poke cake.  This easy, 4-ingredient recipe always ended up on the dessert table for summer birthdays in my family.  I think we often served this sheet cake in the summer because it can be enjoyed chilled, straight from the refrigerator.  It's a cinch to prepare and can be made a day in advance.

Keep reading for the recipe…

I find that the cake cuts best when chilled at least 6 hours or overnight.  You may be tempted to swap lite or fat-free whipped topping in this recipe, but I really think the regular works best.  The others get too watery, in my opinion.

Making a Strawberry Poke Cake is super easy.  I remember I used to love to poke the holes in cake when I was little.  It was so much fun to see the beautiful red and white pattern I created when we sliced it the next day!

1)  Start with a box of white cake mix and prepare according to package directions.

2)  When the cake is just about ready to come out of the oven, combine the jello mix with 2 cups of boiling water and stir to dissolve.

3)  While the cake is still warm, poke holes over the entire cake using a fork or skewer.

4)  Spoon the hot jello over the warm cake, letting it soak in thoroughly.   Cool completely.

5)   Place the whipped topping and strawberries (with juice) in a large bowl and fold gently until just combined.  Spread evenly over top of cake.

6)  Refrigerate cake until ready to serve.

Can't wait to make this "Strawberry Poke Cake" for yourself?

Find the full recipe here –>  http://cake.betterrecipes.com/strawberry-poke-cake-1.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/08/07/strawberry-poke-cake/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...