Friday, September 13, 2013

Pretzel Fudge Pops: Sweet and Salty Frozen Treats

Pretzel Fudge Pops Photo

I don't know if it's been a sauna by you, but it sure has been one here. I don't want to turn the oven on, not one bit! So what's a dessert loving girl to do? Make more ice pops of course! (That was a hint not to miss my other healthy popsicle recipe.)

Ironically I always hated chocolate ice cream growing up. I'm still not a big fan to tell you the truth. But give me a fudgesicle and I'm happy as can be. And what could be better than some nutella, a pretzel rod, and some silken tofu… say what? Woman, you're putting tofu in my ice pops, unheard of! Sacrilegious!

Calm down calm down, it's going to be alright. The tofu gives the pops a super smooth texture with a boost of added protein to boot. Plus Pretzel Fudge Pops are served with a cute pretzel stick! Although, I must admit I had issues getting these out without breaking said stick. I'm rather impatient, so if you have more patience, you'll be just fine. When ready to serve, take them out of the freezer and let them thaw a bit before trying to remove them from their molds.

Another alternative is to break up the pretzels and mix them in after everything is blended. Then place in larger sturdier molds with real sticks. I'll probably go this route next time.

Now if you are looking to make these vegan, whip up a batch of my homemade nutella and make sure to use almond or another non-dairy milk.

Ingredients

  • 7 ounces silken tofu, about half a container
  • 1/4 cup skim milk
  • 3 tablespoons nutella
  • 15 honey whole wheat pretzel sticks

Directions

  1. Place all ingredients minus the pretzels into a blender and blend until totally smooth.
  2. Fill shot glasses with mixture and place pretzel rods in center of each.
  3. Place in the freezer until solid. Allow to soften slightly before trying to remove.

Notes

If you want to make this vegan, use almond milk and whip up a batch of my homemade nutella



via Food Fanatic http://www.foodfanatic.com/2013/09/pretzel-fudge-pops-sweet-and-salty-frozen-treats/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3564685

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...