Friday, December 20, 2013

Holiday Appetizers

This time of year so much seems to happen around the table.  Hearty holiday meals, laughter and drinks with friends, cookie baking and decorating with kids.

Along the way the table has become the anchor for togetherness.

Upon moving to New York, I knew I needed one, great multi-purpose table.  Something for a small studio space that could function throughout the day as a photo studio, a work desk and a place to sit down for meals.

Just before I arrived I discovered the talents of Mark Jupiter and his showroom in DUMBO, Brooklyn.  After seeing his craftsmanship, I knew I had to build my entire studio around one of his pieces.

Mark is a 4th generation New York builder.  Inspired by the craftsman of his family, starting with his great grandfather hammering out the original copper roofs of the city's first skyscrapers, to the hand carved furniture designed and built by his father.  Mark is committed to continuing his family's long standing tradition.

If you take a look at his website http://markjupiter.com you will see why I became an instant fan of his work.  Minutes after the ink was dry on my apartment lease, I began working with Mark on a table for the space.

Mark's furnishings are not only hand made in New York City, but constructed out of materials sourced directly from the history of New York itself.  This custom industrial-style table was made from reclaimed Pine from an 18th century TriBeCa townhouse.  The legs are constructed from 1-inch steel black plumbing pipe.

With every knot and crack I can see and feel a sense of history.  I may be new to this city, but this sturdy wood has held up buildings here for centuries.  I think about that as I sip my morning coffee and run my fingers along the grain.  It's almost like this surface brings a certain wisdom and experience as it welcomes me to life in this new city.

If you want to learn more about Mark Jupiter and his custom designs, check out http://markjupiter.com or his Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest pages.

One of the first get-togethers at my new place was a casual evening of drinks and appetizers with friends.  Of course, by the end of the night we had all settled in around the table.   Chatting and laughing while nibbling on holiday treats.

Below are a few easy appetizers I served as well as links to the recipes.  Happy Holidays everyone!

A party just isn't a party without "Bacon-Wrapped Date Appetizer Bites."  This classic party fare barely requires a recipe.  They are easy and always a hit.

Follow this link for the recipe –>  http://appetizer.betterrecipes.com/bacon-wrapped-date-appetizer-bites.html

My mom has been making these "Olive-Stuffed Cheese Balls" for holiday parties for as long as I can remember.  Just be forewarned, they are highly addictive!

This versatile dip can be served with vegetables or chips.  It's a homemade version of a packet of Ranch Dressing Mix.  You can mix it with sour cream, mayonnaise or Greek yogurt for a dip.  Or thin it out a bit and make a homemade ranch salad dressing.

Follow this link for the recipe –> http://appetizer.betterrecipes.com/homemade-ranch-mix.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/12/20/holiday-appetizers/

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...