Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Breakfast Quinoa

We know that quinoa is a fantastic gluten-free and protein-packed alternative at dinnertime, but did you know quinoa can also make for a delicious and healthy breakfast?

I recently had brunch at the Polo Lounge at the Beverly Hills Hotel and they offered something called "The Antioxidant" on the menu.  It was a breakfast quinoa dish that was absolutely outstanding!  I knew I had to go try and recreate the experience at home.

Keep reading for the recipe…

When I tasted their breakfast quinoa there was a subtle sweetness to it.  I started to wonder what would happen if I boiled the quinoa in fruit juice instead of water.   It turned out great!

All you have to do is prepare red quinoa with white cranberry juice instead of water.  Then spoon it over slices of fresh peaches and top with a dollop of Greek yogurt.  I sprinkled a few dried blueberries and chopped almonds on top.

In the end, it tasted very similar to what I experienced at the Beverly Hills Hotel.  Unfortunately, there aren't as many celebrity sightings from my breakfast table!

Excited to try quinoa for breakfast?

Follow this link for the complete recipe –>  http://breakfast.betterrecipes.com/breakfast-quinoa.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/09/17/breakfast-quinoa/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...