Tuesday, September 24, 2013

“Moving” Molasses Cookies

I have some exciting news to share with all of you!  

After 12 years of living in Los Angeles, I am packing up my house (along with "The Daily Dish" kitchen!) and moving to New York City!!

I am so excited, I can hardly contain myself!  (My shipping boxes can hardly contain themselves either – but that's another story…)

Needless to say, going from a house in Los Angeles to a studio apartment in The Big Apple, I am going to need to downsize.  Over the years of cooking and blogging I have accumulated quite a bit of equipment and food styling props.  I decided to have a little fun and give away these items to some fellow foodies!

Keep reading for the rest of the story…

I assembled all of the items that just couldn't make the trip to the east coast and sorted them in my newly empty living room and dining room.  Then, I invited over some of my fellow food bloggers from Los Angeles and called it a "food blogger free for all!"  Everything cleared out in under an hour! Now I might see some of my favorite dishes, napkins, and cookware pop up here and there across the blogosphere.

It was so much fun to see everyone one last time and know that all these kitchen items were going to happy homes!

Of course, I also have to clean out my pantry before I leave, so I have been finding ways to use up ingredients in creative ways.  For some reason, I had several jars of molasses that had never been opened, so I decided to try a new recipe for molasses cookies and share them with my fellow food bloggers during the get-together.

This recipe is an very old-fashioned version of molasses cookies from America's first traveling food writer, Clementine Paddleford.  She lived and worked in New York City for many years, so this recipe seemed appropriate!

They are very soft, almost what we would think of today as a cookie for a whoopie pie.  Don't worry if the dough seems a bit soft, it should be the consistency of a thick cake batter.

Want to make these "Old-Fashioned Soft Molasses Cookies" for yourself?

Follow this link for the recipe –>  http://cookie.betterrecipes.com/old-fashioned-soft-molasses-cookies.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/09/24/molasses-cookies/

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...