Monday, November 18, 2013

Green Bean Casserole (from scratch!)

Green Bean Casserole – a Thanksgiving staple!

Let me show you how to make this holiday classic from scratch.  No need to reach for a can, this is a snap to make!

Keep reading for the recipe…

Believe it or not, this is the first time I have ever made a green bean casserole!  Growing up we always had green beans as part of our Thanksgiving tradition, but my mom would make Green Beans with Toasted Almonds.  I was ready to find out what we had been missing all these years!

One of the main reasons I wanted to give this recipe a try is because I am completely obsessed with crispy onions.  I picked up a container from a brand called Lars' Own years ago at IKEA and I they have been finding their way into my recipes ever since.  (Hint:  they are amazing on a homemade pizza!)

In this version, instead of a can of cream of mushroom soup, I made a simple white sauce with butter, milk, fresh mushrooms, herbs and spices. It is tossed with green beans and topped with the crispy onions.

One bite and I was convinced – this needs to become a new Thanksgiving tradition at my table!

Want to make this "Green Bean Casserole" from scratch?

Follow this link for the full recipe –>  http://thanksgiving.betterrecipes.com/green-bean-casserole-10.html



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/11/15/green-bean-casserole-from-scratch/

IFTTT

Put the internet to work for you.

via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...