Thursday, September 19, 2013

Juiced Ice Cubes

I have written a lot about my love of healthy fruit and vegetable smoothies for breakfast or afternoon snacks.  (Check out some of my favorite recipes here.)  

Some of you also enjoy "juicing" as a way to easily ingest a bunch of vitamins and minerals in one glass.  (I wrote about a 3 day juice cleanse here.)

This got me thinking.  Is there was a happy medium between the vitamin and mineral punch of juicing and the high fiber deliciousness of a blended smoothie?   Get ready, because I think I found the answer!

 Keep reading…

I call these "juiced ice cubes!"

There are some vegetables that simply don't work very well in a smoothie.  They are difficult to blend or the flavors are just too much to handle.  (Carrots and beets are an example.)  However, these same vegetables work well when juiced.

Also, when I am making a smoothie, I like to toss in a few ice cubes to make it rich and thick.  So I figured, why not keep some ice cubes made of healthy juice blends on hand to add to my morning smoothies!

I have found I much prefer carrot, beet and even kale in the form of an ice cube rather than pure juice.  The flavors mellow a bit when they are ice cold and they are perfect to blend with your favorite fruit or yogurt in a smoothie!

Feel free to experiment and get creative with "juiced ice cubes!"

I juiced a whole bunch of carrots last week and froze the juice.  Just this morning I tossed them in my Vitamix with a bit of ginger, some fresh pineapple and a dash of milk.   It was a gorgeous color and tasted divine!

(My mom is visiting and you snapped a quick Instagram of my creation!)



via The Daily Dish http://www.betterrecipes.com/blogs/daily-dish/2013/09/19/juiced-ice-cubes/




ifttt
Put the internet to work for you. via Personal Recipe 3575582

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...